Tuesday, May 02, 2006

B’day

Yeah, yeah yeah it was my b’day yesterday. The very first of May.
Labor Day, May Day, Workers’ Day, Gujarat Day, Maharastra Day, call it what u want but it was Dhaval’s B’day also. 23 years ago (seems like a long time), God must have seen happy people on the earth and must have thought of having a devil among them, to have them run amuck and probably then did I come into this world.

Anyways, enough of the evolution part, this blog is not for evolution of my holy self but for what my birthday was all about. It was a long weekend, 3 days, kinda mini vacation and as expected everybody around was planning to go here or there on a trip and relax their soul, body and mind. I also wanted to go somewhere but because of some one reason or the other I went nowhere… So my long weekend started with loneliness and I started talking to myself.

You know ….
“Lately I’ve been walking, walking in circles,
Watching, waiting for something
Feel me, Touch me, Heal me, Come take me higher.“
Nahi nahi ye maine nahi likha… ye to angrezi gana sun raha tha. Rasmus ka In The Shadows, to udhar se chepa hai… tum bhi kya yaar…

Somehow I spent the whole of Saturday … and now it was Sunday, I was waiting for midnight and at the same time getting nostalgic remembering my last b’day, going for what you make call a trip down memory lane. Last year Banani, Buddy (alias Nabamita), JKG (alias Jeevan), Raju (alias Peeyush), Batra (alias Ashutosh) and Tau (alias Anuj) gave me a gr8 surprise, one I probably would never forget. The surroundings were not so familiar that time and nor were they this time. I had just moved to a delivery unit and made just a few new aquaintainces, but they all pooled in too well for what I expected. This time again, things had changed, people had changed, old friends had left for greener pastures (not blaming them, even I would have), and so the surroundings were not so familiar again.

This time Batra and Chhotu (alias Vishal) had gone places with their respective girlfriends. So Tau and Gupta (alias Piyush) had to kinda shoulder the responsibility of the grand celebration of my birthday and wellllllll……they where trying their best to gimme a big surprise. So the three of us started waiting for midnight together and what better could we have had other than an old monk Gum-with-Rum session at our terrace to keep the slowly trickling time moving. As usual I was having only coke and was listening to the gr8 crap of two drunkards having sour throats and yet drinking all the more, cause u know what, rum helps in curing sour throats, a gyan I learnt having been in company of vividly different breed boozers all of whom would be nodding their head to this one fact. You know people can talk much sense after 2-3 pegs down which otherwise they would never do. Both the hands of my watch were in a lip lock now and it was TIME. Each incoming call made me more happy and ecstatic, wow ….. finally it was time I celebrated my b’day. Sometime later Tau and Gupta also wished me, u know until that time it wasn’t 12 in their watches, and considering the fact that they were High (almost downed half a bottle each) 12 was bound to be a bit late for them. The Rum session ended around 1.15 with my first lot of b’day wish calls. I was all set to go to my bed without cutting a cake, thinking that it was okay and with just two guys around cutting a cake would hardly make sense. But then Tau brought the cake which he was hidden in cupboard…And the cake cutting ceremony followed. Bade pyarse they gifted me a book. Have a look at the book first.



The Argumentative Indian

Tau asked Gupta to get a good book for me and he brought “The Argumentative Indians – Amartya Sen”. Tau abused him like anything… “Sale aur kuchh nahi mila… ye kya le aaya… @@@###$$$ Amartya sen ke siva kuchh nahi mila and all”. But Gupta was all set with his logical string of explanation. He wanted me to read some sense and said some hard reading would help me in my preparation. I respect your feelings Gupts… but believe me the whole book thing was so much fun, we all laughed at it like anything. It was around 5-10 minutes continuous laughter.

Then it was time for bed. I slept around 2 o’clock with heavy heart. I was thinking about these two guys (tau and gupta) as well as thinking about my other friends. Har b’day pe kuchh purane log missing hote hai… kuchh naye log aate hai… believe me guys you all have special place in my heart that no body can take. We keep on meeting new people but that doesn’t mean that old people don’t mean anything. In the morning I got up early, thnx to people getting home after office at onsite. It’s always a great feeling to receive calls on your b’day isn’t it? I got some unexpected calls and missed some expected calls also. Gupta had some critical issues in office so he went there. Tau and I decided to celebrate my b’day by watching 3 movies back to back. We bought DVDs of Walk the line, BI2 and Love Actually.

Around 3, Batra came back from his holiday stint, wished me and joined us in the movie session. Chhotu sent an SMS wishing me a happy b’day…I started abusing him like anything. Ek to sala din mai 5 baje wish karta hai woh bhi kutte ne SMS kiya…@@@###$!!! Sometime later he came home with a cake and forced me to cut it. The next thing I found was Black Forest all over my face, back, neck, and other parts of my body (can’t write where all). In retaliation, I gave him some back ;). We had gone all crazy ….aur Batra and Tau koi bhi lapet liya. Sabka b’day mana li… sab ko cake se nahla diya… After all this cake smacking and stuff we still managed to have a small piece left…. wondering what to do about it an idea struck me and I called gupta… “Hey gupta jaldi aa yar. Chhotu cake laya hai aur tera wait kar rahe hai kaat ne pe” woh aaya aur bade pyar se darwaje pe hi uska encounter ho gaya… hum charo bhukhe bhediyo ki tarah uspe tut pade. We all were in full masti mood. What followed was a so to say deferred celebration of Holi … It was full masti. I can’t upload all the pics here… otherwise pata nahi tum log kya sochonge. Ghar ki haalat dekne laayak thi.. aisa lagta tha ki yaha pe kisi ka encounter huaa hai… khun ki jagah cake pada tha pure ghar mai…

Have a look.

Ye ek time pe pura cake huaa karta thaa..

Batra

Chhots



Tau

Gupta

Pahchano b’day kiska tha…





That’s the Devil

Fir maine aur chhotu ne ghar ki thodi bahut safaai ki. Muje laga meri maid bahut accha kaam karti hai.. It’s a real pain to clean the room especially after you have thrown cake here and there. Dinner at a local restaurant followed.

That is not the end. Next day again another cake cutting session, followed by bumps in my office. I must tell you software engineers sun ne mai jinte hi soft lagte hai haquikat mai utne hi hard hote hai… bas kisi ka b’day aane ka wait karte hai… Khatam fir… Ronaldo bhi football ko pyar se maarta hai.. but ye log koi laaj sharm kuchh nahi… na koi lihaaj… bas maarte jaao…. I am still having pain in my butt. But again b’day bumps bhi acche hi lagte hai…right?

I would like to thank Tau, Gupta, Batra and Chhotu. Thank you very much for making my day wonderful. It was something different. I was missing all my old friends. But got some new friends and learnt a new way of celebrating b’day’s.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

banda kafi maje mei hai... last sentence padh k achha laga k apne hum sabko miss kiya hai..hope u do not forget to give party to us.

sharing ma pan party chhalshe dost:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Dhaval,
I read the whole story as to how u celebrated ur B'day but one thing was missing........
Tum kaise bul sakte ho........
Zyada tension mat lelo......
batati hu.......
tum apni gf ko kaise bhul gaye.....
usko bhi bulana chahiye tha na :)
yeh bhi ho sakta hai ki tumne uski photo blogs mai nahi di hai.........
secret rakna chahthe ho ?
koi baat nahi
magar dostho se chupana nahi chahiye..........
well,just kiddin.
good going.......u write well..... Keep the same spirit goin...
All the Best!

Anonymous said...

hay dhaval time didn't allow to read your whole crap but I think you have enjoyed a lot, and thats way it should be. live kingsize. best wishes for next year bro. DO it your way!!!
hope you'll get what you need and greed.
Parag.

Anonymous said...

Belated birthday wishes yaar!!

Anonymous said...

hey cool yaar...so sme1 realy enjoyed...tats nice...similar thing happened wit me wen i joined infy(gng dwn the memory lane n missing the old happier bdays)....bt in the end it turned out really well!!...mreover if its not gud its not the end....take care-kiks

Dh@v@! said...

@ Swati : party sivay biju pan kai yaad aave chhe?? neways no probs... sharing ma party aapi daishu... ;)

@ Sonia : hmm ab kya batau yaar.. GF ka to kya hai... u know the real story right??? hhaa

@ parag : yeah bro... i do understand wht u are trying to say and also wht u r not.

@ Shrinath : Thnx dude

@ Kiks : yeah same infy exp here. n i liked ur line "mreover if its not gud its not the end" will use it somewhere... dont mind right?

Anonymous said...

hey Dhaval....it seems u njoyed a lot on ur BDay! great man!
keep smiling
Swarup

Anonymous said...

Gr8 Blog Dhaval ...
keep writting ... :)

Anonymous said...

so janab ne b'day ke din full masti ki hai... great... arre humari taraf se b'day bumps abi baki hai...na...
well buddy... nice narration...
keep writin... ;-)

Anonymous said...

kewl description ... belated happy b'day

Anonymous said...

Well done my boy....so u mys rocked on ur b'day.
i still miss u all guys n specially those b'day celebrations.
n very very sry for not wishing on that day....i was just damn busy with work n night shifts ki....neway party ka kya hisab hai....DARU KE PAISE BHEJ DEGA TO BHI CHALEGA....pEEYUSH alias RAJU

Anonymous said...

Hi Dhaval,
Good one yar. You write really well(lag raha hai CAT ki preperation start kardi tune ;-)). Lag raha tha main koi novel padh rahi thi.. sounded a bit like Eric Segal's The Class... bus padh ti hi chali gayi.. savere savere kaam karne se to acha hai aisa koi blog padh ke fresh hojao.. what say thou??
Book to kafi bhari vali mili hai gift me.. I am sure it will take years to start it leave alone completing it :-)
Ek baat bohat sahi kahi.. on every b'day we have different sets of people some missing and some new.
What really matters is you being happy!
Hope I get a chance to read your next b'day blog filled with more excitment.
Keep writing!
n
take care
(I better stop writing warna lagra ha hai Blog ke reply me blog chapega..;-) )

Anonymous said...

Hey Belated happy birthday.......i think u r on Bench thats y u get so much time to upload snaps and write blogs every other day....just kidding ;)....hope u have a blast this year....Binita

Dh@v@! said...

@ elle : Thnx buddy

@ Swarup : yeah it was fun

@ anonymous : thnx… (Once again would like to request to type ur name…)

@ preethi : thnx yar… bumps dene hai.. milo to sahi… aur yaad rakhna tumhari b’day bhi aayegi kabhi…

@ Amrita : Thnx

@ pEEYUSH : ha sale tu suna apne hazar fundey magar tu bhul gaya tha woh sachhai nahi badlegi.. rahi baat daaru ke paise ki… Raat gai baat gai… ;)

@ anonymous(fareena) : Yaar tumhe to pata hai ki novel ke maamle mai mera kya haal hai… Eric Segal's The Class... huh naam bhi nahi suna tha… plz hasna mat… aisa hi hu mai… aur kaam chhod ke mere blogs padhne lagi to vaat lag jaayegi.. company wale nikaal denge laat maarke..neways thnx for ur comment

@ Binita : nahi re kya bench… project mai rah kar bhi… socho.. ise kahte hai time management ;) btw thnx for ur wishes

Anonymous said...

hi Dhaval ...wish u a Belated happy bday!! :) phir se miss ho gaya :( ...hmmm so u had a grt day!
aur Mysore mein hi basne ka iraada hai kya janaab?? Chalo take care
byee

Divya

Anonymous said...

abey gujju maine us din daru nahin pi thi... abe sale main us labour day wale din office bhi gaya tha...

Anonymous said...

Dhavlooo bahut ache. Tu to acha bhala writer ban gaya hai.... keep it up...

The Mocking Spirit said...

Hey...first of all...
Happy Birthday (Belated ofcourse!)
Thanks for dropping at moi blog.

Nice reading yours...

ciao...keep blogging

HOTWINTER said...

I dont like people messing up with cakes and pastries instead of eating them. It s a waste of time (removing those oily stuffs) and money (there so costly).

It sucks.

But your post was cool.

Dh@v@! said...

@ Divya
Thnx for ur wishes
Ha yar it was fun.. and abt mysore mai basne ka… dekhte hai.. pahle koi mile to… ;)

@ Anonymous (Gupta)
Are tune 2-3 sip maar ke sab barbad kiya tha… wasting of daru is also considered as consuming it…. ;) and ha bhai ha… woh to likha hai ki tu labor dey pe bhi office mai tha.

@ bisht
Hahah bisht kya yar tum bhi…

@ The mocking spirit
Thnx for the wishes yar n thnx for dropping in… keep reading…

@ HotWinter
Yar that’s true but I like it because of the underlying feelings of my friends... it’s fun. Btw thnx for dropping in…

Anonymous said...

Orrey Dhaval beta... badi masti me hai!? Enjoy kar enjoy... tere khelne kudne ke din hain... ham jab ter umra ke the to badi masti kiya karte the. Tu to baap se bada nikla beta! Kitta bada ho gaya hai ;)

Dh@v@! said...

@ SiDdHaRtH : ha papa ji... jaroor...haahahaha:D i still rem our training days... hows mom btw??? aur baaki ki famaily ka kya haal hai?