Monday, April 03, 2006

Nostalgia 2 : Attack

Don’t worry I am not going to talk about Indo-Pak war, it’s just a story about my college canteen.

Canteen & Attack??? Strange!!!

Yaa every time just before starting our lunch, we use to say attack like Amitabh Bachhan in Satte pe Satta. But we were lucky, we didn’t have Hema Malini there to stop it. ;)

We used to wait for everyone to come on the table. Once everybody assembles Dahod (my friend Jigar from place called Dahod but knows as dahod only) used to say attack, and it’s all gone. Mom could have wasted 2 hours in making those soft roties and sabji with all ingredients in proper ratio for her Chunnu Munnu, but within 2 minutes woh roti roti nahi rahti thi… Just imagine 8 odd people attacking on the same roti. It was much more horrible than a rape by Gulshan Grover and gang in old hindi movies. Homemade food was always on target for our friends. You can’t use fork and spoon boss. Agar table manners mai dhyan rakhkha to samjo bhukhe mar jaonge bacha. No I mean it ye dekho.



Abusing while eating was almost inevitable for our group. Yar gali ke bina to khana hazam hi nahi hota…

Then comes Punjabi meals. How can I forget Punjabi meals at my canteen?
If you re-arrange canteen menu in descending order on the basis of right hand side column it comes on the top. I swear on Preity Zinta’s dimple, at that time 35 bucks for Punjabi meal was more than dinner at Sahib Sindh Sultan or Delli Darbar.

College canteen ki Cold coffee main kuchh special tha. Café Coffee Day ya Barista ki cold coffee bhi uska comparision nahi kar sakti. Similarly agar ek side pe canteen ka Pizza ho aur dusri side pe Domino’s ka, I will still prefer canteen wala pizza. Not because it costs me less but because there is something about that pizza. Thought it’s not that tasty, the guy, who was making it, was not following any standards (kise pata ISO:2001 kya hota hai) but uske saath college ki yaade judi huyi hai.

Let me talk about South indian food also. At that that I was fond of Dosa and all (Now after spending one n half year in South India it’s a different story all together).
If some day somebody buys a dosa, gone… After ATTACK you can have only one chance (that too if you are lucky), take how much you can take in that chance. But it was fun…

MBA Canteen… How can I forget it? Yeah when we were in semester 6 a new canteen for Nirma Institute of Management was opened. The caterer was new and was not aware or our group. He had a scheme of unlimited (self service :D) meal for 25 bucks. But it couldn’t continue longer. Thanks to us. We had a master plan for that. Everyday one of us used to get a token for mean and that’s it. Unlimited hai bhai… 1 plate and 8 boys… By God ek – ek paise ko vasul kiya tha… Poor management guys… Some times they couldn’t get food because of us. After all you have to pay something for being so sophisticated / so well mannered.

Canteen ki baat ho and Mechanical students ki baat na ho aisa ho sakta hai kya?
To enjoy college and canteen life to the max, you have to be with Mech guys. I had some good friends in Mech so it was fun for me. They use to do all type of nautankies. Songs, B’day bumps, Proposal, Truth-n-dare… you name it they have done it.

Let me talk about some fundu tricks used by some guys in my canteen. I still remember a guy from Computer Science. He used to collect one rupee form five different persons and then used to have his Vada pav. I remember this because I am a big time victim of this “No change, can you give me a rupee plz” plan. But his plan really needs to be appreciated. After all who can think of getting a vada pav for free in such manner? Similarly some of my friends used to have free coffee. They used to go to coffee vending machine, where you can find at least 5 guys at anytime. That’s it ho gaya. Say hi to each of them. Ask hows life and blah blah… Take 2 sips from each cup. You are done… Such ideas still amuse me.

Uffff… bas ab muh mai paani aa gaya… mai to chala khane..
Aakhir kaane aur sone se badhkar koi kaam hai bhala???
"Sex is good, but not as good as fresh, sweet corn."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are Dhaval, tune to meri aankho me paani la diya. I feel like singing "Purani Jeans" at this moment !! :)

Dh@v@! said...

Common buddy "Purani Jeans" ki yaad mat dila... otherwise i will have to write a new blog for that also... ;) Thnx dude...

Anonymous said...

Amazing write up.. you know its almost the same story in my college canteen.. ATTACK to the tiffins.. They r always on hitlist in lunch break.. I liked the flow of the blog.. Keep it up..

Anonymous said...

hahahaha.. gr8 blog patel.. keep up the good work.. you know, nobody in my office believes that even after 2 years of graduation, we all are still togather all the time.. hehe.. keep it up....

Anonymous said...

Boss!!
sache crap!! a Real crap. But your crap is really meaningful. IT reminds college days.

Keep Blogging!!! I can see a big blogger rising ;)

Anonymous said...

Excellent Patel.Mind blowing.

I too will give u one incidence...I guess too good.

Incident without jup k is impossible.

VOIP - Voice Over Internet Protocol --Pan tame ema karo chho shu...

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Mitsubishi 3000 gt problems http://www.amateur-movies-1.info/bedroom-bondage.html Adderall no prescription ups dexedrine maternity yoga apparel cheap car alarms 1994 honda civic drag race long term use of ultracet Little girls and tits soccer am wrestler Elweb bbs femdom